ambleside cumbria lakes logo
More about the English Lakes
Ruined chapel at Wythop  

Situated in the quiet upper Wythop valley near Cockermouth this old chapel dating back to the 16th century was demolished in 1865 to be replaced by a Victorian church at St Margaret's on the other Northern side of Sale Fell.

According to a sign at the site at Kelsick an open air service is still held each August at the chapel, pictured just before its demolition.

Another Bassenthwaite church as part of a cross Cumbria walk.


Lakestay home page | Where to stay in the Lakes |  What to do and see in the Lakes  |  Lakestay E mails